Ask us to arrange a Self Drive Tour with a local guide who will ride in your car and unlock the history, farming practices and the people who have created this vibrant rural community. 3.5 hours duration, departing at a time of your choice from The Vicarage Geraldine. The well-maintained tar-seal and gravel roads are suitable for all vehicle types. Roadside stops to view and discuss deer, dairy, cropping, sheep & cattle farms and forestry.
Stretch your legs with visits to the oldest church in south Canterbury, early settlor graves, a scenic reserve camping ground in a river gorge and historic farm buildings (Category 1 Historic Place) on an iconic NZ sheep and cattle station. Access fees (to fund upkeep of the historic farm buildings) are included in the tour price.
- 3.5 hour guided tour.
- 50 km route
- Discover our local history and farming practices
- Commentary will unlock the stories, diversity and hidden gems of the country around Geraldine
- Morning tea - beside a hill country river if the weather is fine
- Entry fees to visit Category 1 historic buildings on an iconic High Country Station
- Access to historic Church and Cemetery
|One Person: $309||Three People: $368|
|Two People: $338||Four People: $397|